Asked: Oct. 14, 2019 by: citypassguide
Q: How can I negotiate a better price for my rental in Ho Chi Minh City?
Saigon has a lot of serviced apartments for expats and digital nomads to rent. Once you have narrowed down your decision, it is time to negotiate your rent. Negotiation is dependent on three factors: furnishings, required deposit and contract length. Also note that the first price the landlord offers is not necessarily the one they will agree to. It is a tricky balancing act and you can generally achieve positive results on two of the three factors. A common negotiating tactic is to find an unfurnished place and negotiate to have it furnished how you want it.
For information on living in Saigon go to Saigon: Not Yet a Tourism Hub
- 0 What should I know about real estate agents in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I consider before sharing a flat in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I consider when choosing a villa or an apartment in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What furniture can I expect in a Vietnamese rented home?
- 0 How can I find rentals in Ho Chi Minh city by myself?
- 0 What are tips when signing a contract for a first time renter in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is a serviced apartment in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What do you need to know about making home improvements in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What real estate agents are in Ho Chi Minh City?