Asked: Oct. 8, 2019 by: citypassguide
Q: What is bánh xèo?
Bánh xèo is something you can find pretty much anywhere in Saigon. This is one of the most popular Vietnamese food among tourists and locals alike. It is a type of pancake or crepe made of rice flour and fried in vegetable oil, bánh xèo’s list of ingredients includes turmeric, shrimp, pork and onions. You can also have it vegetarian style by simply removing the meat. It is served with lettuce and other herbs then dipped into peanut sauce or nước chấm (fish sauce mixed with lime juice and sugar). Central Vietnam’s version of bánh xèo is bánh khoái, smaller but thicker and crunchier.
How much does it cost?
The average price per order is VND30,000-50,000.
What bánh xèo restaurants are in Ho Chi Minh City?
Bánh Xèo Ăn là Ghiền
74 Suong Nguyet Anh, D1; +84 93 341 88 44
Bánh Xèo 46A
46A Dinh Cong Trang, D1; +84 28 3824 1110
Banh Xeo Em Oi! (Vietnamese Pancakes)
26-30 Thu Khoa Huan, Stall 17 - 18, Ben Thanh, D1; +84 9 8561 7155
Bánh xèo Ba Híu
46/9 Street 12, Binh An, D2; +84 28 3878 6369
Bánh Xèo 276
276 Le Van Luong, Tan Hung, D7; +84 9 8323 2592
Bánh Khọt Cô Ba Vũng Tàu
102 Cao Thang, D3; +84 28 3832 3312
40B Tran Cao Van, D3; +84 28 3823 7356
Bánh Xèo Ăn Là Ghiền
Bánh Xèo Đệ Nhất
Bánh Xèo Bà Hai
64 Nguyen Trong Tuyen, Phu Nhuan District; +84 28 7300 6099
- 0 What are some of the local dining customs in Vietnam?
- 0 What should I know about Vietnamese food or diet?
- 0 What are locally-made snacks in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I get clean drinking water in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Do restaurants add MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) to their food in Ho chi Minh City?
- 0 How can I avoid food allergies when eating out in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What cafes are a good choice in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 How do I make clean ice cubes in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is the food hygiene standards like in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is chè?
- 0 What is the difference between phở of the South and phở of the North in Vietnam?
- 0 What is phở?
- 0 What can I expect from Vietnamese food?
- 0 What are some popular Vietnamese street food?
- 0 What is gỏi cuốn?
- 0 What phở restaurants are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is cơm tấm and where can I get it?
- 0 What is bún bò Huế?
- 0 What is hủ tiếu?
- 0 What bánh bao shops are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is bia hơi?
- 0 What is bánh mì?
- 0 What cháo restaurants do we recommend?
- 0 What are the most famous vegetarian dishes are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What international restaurants are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What ice cream parlours are there in Ho chi Minh City?
- 0 What are some great bars in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What time do bars close in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What chocolate and sweet shops are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What gourmet shops, grocery stores and butchers are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What bakeries are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What supermarkets and hypermarkets are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What wine and spirits shops are there in Ho Chi Minh City?