Asked: Sept. 27, 2019 by: citypassguide
Q: What do you need to know about making home improvements in Ho Chi Minh City?
When you’re renting a property, you are left to choose from whatever is available. And most of the time, the ones available out there won’t check everything in your preference list. If you’re an expat or foreigner moving in Saigon, you have to be mindful because things may be done differently here than your home country.
What if you want to renovate or redesign your property? The hardest task is deciding exactly what you want done. Unless you have a clear idea of what you want, spend some time looking through several interior design or architecture magazines for inspiration. Now that you know what you wanna do, contact your landlord before breaking ground. If you own an apartment in a block, contact the building management. You might need approval or declarations to take to the provincial government before any renovations.
Once you have a general idea and permission from your landlord, contact the experts to see if it is feasible. If you want to involve an architect, make sure that a contractor is also involved in the design process. Having the contractor and architect working on the same page will alleviate many potential problems.
What do you need to know about home maintenance work in Ho Chi Minh City?
It is a fallible world and things are bound to break. If you are in a rental when this happens, your landlord will be the first person to call. They will take care of it and depending on how scrupulous they are, they may or may not charge you for the repair. If you own your property, we list a slew of mechanical accessories shops throughout the Home Improvement section in the Shopping chapter.
- 0 What should I know about real estate agents in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I consider before sharing a flat in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I consider when choosing a villa or an apartment in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What furniture can I expect in a Vietnamese rented home?
- 0 How can I find rentals in Ho Chi Minh city by myself?
- 0 How can I negotiate a better price for my rental in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are tips when signing a contract for a first time renter in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is a serviced apartment in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What real estate agents are in Ho Chi Minh City?