Asked: Nov. 15, 2019 by: citypassguide
Q: What should I know about real estate agents in Ho Chi Minh City?
Most expats rely on real estate agents when looking for a new home in Saigon because they need someone with proper knowledge about their future home, the various locations and districts that would make an ideal place to live depending on their needs. They usually have apartments that are vetted to fit an expatriate’s tastes and can assist with negotiations with the landlord or a cheap room to rent for those who are trying to save some cash. Almost all agents have listings on their websites with their properties for viewing.
Before looking for agents, try going online and doing a bit of research. This will help you figure out the type of property that you want. Which district you want to live in, and how much you’re willing to spend.
There are websites that will spit out a bunch of listings after punching in these details and will give you a general location of the property, rental price per month, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, along with size by square metre along with some photos that will give you a general feel of the property and indication of furnishings and room size.
Once you have chosen a listing, you can arrange a viewing time with the real estate agent. Don’t be surprised to find the properties still occupied by renters when you are viewing them, and be sure to wear footwear that you can easily slip on and off. Note that properties that use rental agents may not want to rent a place for less than a year, since they have to pay the agent a month’s rent. Also note that properties are often listed with multiple agencies, so don’t be surprised if you see the same property twice if you are working with several agencies.
For information on living in Saigon go to Saigon: Not Yet a Tourism Hub
- 0 What should I consider before sharing a flat in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I consider when choosing a villa or an apartment in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What furniture can I expect in a Vietnamese rented home?
- 0 How can I find rentals in Ho Chi Minh city by myself?
- 0 How can I negotiate a better price for my rental in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are tips when signing a contract for a first time renter in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is a serviced apartment in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What do you need to know about making home improvements in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What real estate agents are in Ho Chi Minh City?