Asked: Sept. 17, 2019 by: citypassguide
Q: What are some great bars in Ho Chi Minh City?
Whether you’re looking for a night out or just out to dine with wine, Saigon has a lot of bars and clubs that’ll give you your fill of whatever alcoholic beverage you crave. After all, Vietnamese people are big beer drinkers and expats who love to party are very much welcome to join. This is why a great way to end the day, is with some friends by your side and a bottle of ice cold beer in your hand. Check out these interesting reads:
If you haven't found what you’re looking for in the list above or you just want a quick load down, here are some more booze stops in the city.
6E1 Ngo Thoi Nhiem, D3; +84 77 677 7773
Funky, live pop/rock covers every night. The place is usually packed, so get there early.
Apocalypse Now Bar-Cafe
2B Thi Sach, D1; +84 28 3825 6124
The oldest nightclub we know in the city, well-known for easy pick ups.
95 Hai Ba Trung, D1; +84 8 9949 9779
Recently revamped (and renamed from Blanchy’s Tash), this is still a popular and upmarket place to be seen at night, it often welcomes famed DJ’s to the Saigon music scene.
Chill Sky Bar
+84 93 882 28 38
Stunning view of the city. Dress code applies.
Drinking & Healing
+84 9 3411 0110
Come to this speakeasy style bar for some of the best craft cocktails in the city.
EON52 Heli Bar
Hotline: (+84) 9 7950 5152 | Reservations: (+84) 28 6291 8751
From the highest seat in the city, you can enjoy sweeping panoramic views of the skyline.
Glow Sky Bar
93 Nguyen Du, D1; + 84 9 3887 4569
One of the trendiest open air bars in town with DJs and some live performances.
2 Ly Tu Trong, D1; +84 91 863 0742
There is a vibe for anyone at the city‘s most famous club. On Tuesdays, ladies’ drinks are free until midnight.
13-15-17 Dong Khoi, D1; +84 83 829 6676
Recently re-opened modern, upscale bar with entertainment such as live bands and DJs. Also serves tasty Vietnamese food.
MZ Club & Restaurant
56A Bui Thi Xuan, D1; +84 28 3925 5258
Live music in a plush venue for a slightly older crowd. English is limited here.
Phatty’s Sport Bar ‘N’ Grill
46-48 Ton That Thiep, D1; +84 28 3821 0796
Australian sports bar serving pub grub. Wide-screen TVs and a drop down screen for major sporting events. Darts boards are available for use. Tends to have an older customer base.
Sax N Art Club
28 Le Loi, D1; + 84 28 3822 8472
Owned by famous and highly talented Vietnamese saxophonist Trần Mạnh Tuấn, Sax N Art Club is the only jazz club in HCMC.
Saigon Social Club Rooftop - Hôtel des Arts MGallery Collection
76-78 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, D3, +84 28 3989 8888
The place to see and be seen amongst Saigon’s sparkling glitterati and panoramic views across the city. High class cocktails and regular DJ entertainment.
The Sun Cafe & Bar
You wouldn’t know you’re in the Bui Vien area in this cosy escape from the neighbourhood mayhem. Featuring a very affordable selection of local craft beers, and in fact beers from all over Vietnam and abroad, friendly staff, and tasty bagels, bar snacks and coffee, too.
Wine Embassy Bar
41 Quoc Huong, Thao Dien Ward, D2; +84 28 6296 0552
Services: Wine Bar, Food Menu, Events,Tasting, Wine Courses, Comfortable Seating, Low Music Volume
Wine Embassy offers great wine by the glass, professional glassware, convivial food menu, and a relaxing and smart atmosphere. Follow their regular wine discovery activity by joining wine tasting, promotion or wine flight program. With a perfectly adapted food menu, snacks or platters, a perfect food and wine matching have never been so accessible in Saigon.
71-75 Hai Ba Trung, D1; +84 28 3824 8468
One of the city’s trendiest bars. Half-price drinks from Monday to Saturday, from 5:30-8:30pm.
7 Thao Dien, D2; +84 28 3744 2080
A staple drinking spot of Thao Dien with plenty of room to relax. Pool table and darts, live bands on weekends, and showing most major sporting events.
188/1 Nguyen Van Huong, Thao Dien, D2; +84 9 0236 5780
Saigon Outcast is a great place to hang out. This destination is such a haven of creative force with shipping containers, skateboard ramp, climbin wall, graffiti art and a flow of interesting events and festivals.
+84 91 360 77 24
Featuring the most interesting walls in any bar in Saigon, replete with movie and music photos and memorabilia, Ruby Soho is a great place to chill and look around with a beer. Always a quality music selection to be enjoyed, too.
The Tavern Phú Mỹ Hưng
R2 – 24 Hung Gia 3, Bui Bang Doan, Phu My Hung, D7; +84 28 5410 3900
Multiple TV screens that show sports. Good quality pub grub, daily deals, and pool and darts in a pub that feels like a pub.
+84 91 848 47 63
Craft beer bar with a wide range of unique tapas, sandwiches, signature cocktails and 20 craft beers on tap. Enjoy shuffleboard, steel tip darts, ring toss game and weekend brunch all in a non-smoking environment.
+84 90 661 93 66
Craft beer from in and around Saigon and the Mekong region with a tasty selection of Western and Asian food. Also features regular live bands and a pub quiz.
- 0 What are some of the local dining customs in Vietnam?
- 0 What should I know about Vietnamese food or diet?
- 0 What are locally-made snacks in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I get clean drinking water in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Do restaurants add MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) to their food in Ho chi Minh City?
- 0 How can I avoid food allergies when eating out in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What cafes are a good choice in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 How do I make clean ice cubes in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is the food hygiene standards like in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is chè?
- 0 What is the difference between phở of the South and phở of the North in Vietnam?
- 0 What is phở?
- 0 What can I expect from Vietnamese food?
- 0 What are some popular Vietnamese street food?
- 0 What is gỏi cuốn?
- 0 What phở restaurants are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is cơm tấm and where can I get it?
- 0 What is bún bò Huế?
- 0 What is hủ tiếu?
- 0 What bánh bao shops are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is bánh xèo?
- 0 What is bia hơi?
- 0 What is bánh mì?
- 0 What cháo restaurants do we recommend?
- 0 What are the most famous vegetarian dishes are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What international restaurants are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What ice cream parlours are there in Ho chi Minh City?
- 0 What time do bars close in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What chocolate and sweet shops are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What gourmet shops, grocery stores and butchers are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What bakeries are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What supermarkets and hypermarkets are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What wine and spirits shops are there in Ho Chi Minh City?