Asked: Sept. 10, 2019 by: citypassguide
Q: How do I rent a car in Vietnam?
One of the best ways to maximize time, effort, and resources when going around Vietnam is by renting a car. Think about it, you can go at your own pace, choose among the must see destinations, and manage your itinerary, and so on.
What car rental companies can I find in Ho Chi Minh City?
If you want to find a car rental company in Ho Chi Minh City, there are a number of choices on offer. Before you do so, please consider what kind of driving license you have or might need. You should also think about whether you need a dedicated GPS system or you will just use your phone (if you have a data package) while i the country. Although not a lot of rental companies allow foreigners to drive, you should still be aware of the local driving environment as well as the fines and penalties or risks when driving in Vietnam.
Don't forget to decide on what style of car will be most suitable. Will you only be going around Saigon, or are you taking a road trip around Vietnam? Perhaps you need to rent a car in Saigon and then drop it off in another city? Whatever your needs, check out the best places for car rental in Ho Chi Minh City.
90-92 Dinh Tien Hoang, Da Kao ward, District 1,; +84 9 1558 8100 / +84 9 1559 9100
CHAOcom is one of the leading car rental companies offering 4, 7 and 16 seat vehicles.
Green World Car Rental
252 Nguyen Van Huong St, Thao Dien Ward, District 2, 0932.098.768
Providing a wide variety of vehicles from luxury sedan five seaters such as the Mercedes C-Class, BMW 3 series and BMW 5 series, SUVs like the Toyota Fortuner (seven seats), Toyota Sienna (seven seats), and larger vehicles such as the 16-seater Ford Transit.
44 Vu Tong Phan, An Phu, District 2; +84 96 427 2009
A recent addition to the rental industry in Ho Chi Minh City, Avis offers daily and long term rentals. They also accept AWD (Avis Worldwide Discount) for reduced rates and special offers.
Saigon Car 4 Rent
Phone/ WhatsApp/ Messenger/ Line/ Viber/ WeChat: +84 977 527 872
1A Hong Ha, Tan Binh District; (028)-3848 9001 / (028)-3848 9002
If you don’t care for the hassle of going through customs at the airport, they offer a pickup service on the tarmac. For their airport service, go to http://en.sats.com.vn/airport-service
Vietnam Rent A Car
24 Truong Son, Tan Binh District;+84 9 6405 8978
Vietnam Rent A Car offers a range of budget and luxury car rentals in Vietnam in cities such as Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Danang, Hue, Nha Trang and Dalat.
How much does it cost to rent a car in Ho Chi Minh City?
The amount varies depending on where you’re going, how long you’re renting, and what car you’re getting. Remember, it’s not just about the figure, it’s also what is included and the quality of service you’ll be getting.
If you are looking to stay in HCMC for a while and don’t want to drive around on a motorbike or use public transportation, a car rental is a great alternative. Car rental companies offer many options and packages which fit most financial needs and many of the rentals come with a driver (because they usually don’t allow foreigners to drive), vehicle insurance and will be inclusive of repairs and maintenance.
Costs are quite reasonable with most rentals charging from VND27M-46M/month. These are based on a Monday to Saturday work week and are also dependent on the type of car and the amount of kilometres allowed per month.
There are also cars that you can rent for a week or for a certain tour. There are even 5 day itineraries and the like which are perfect for tourists who are visiting for a short period of time.
The car without a driver could be rented for a price starting from VND11.5M/month, as many cars are also rented by local private individuals.
For more information go to Renting a car in Vietnam
- 0 Hướng dẫn chuẩn bị mâm cúng khai trương đơn giản
- 0 What taxi companies are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are the estimated prices for taxi in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where are the main bus depots or stations in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What if you want to call to other cities in Vietnam?
- 0 How do I get a home serviced massage in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are the advantages of renting a motorbike in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are the biggest phone providers in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where is the best place to exchange currency in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can you have your computer repaired in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What motorbike rental places are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What Vespa restoration services are in Ho chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I know about pest control in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I find a hairdresser in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I get a quick roadside motorbike fix in Saigon and how much will it cost me?
- 0 Where can you find key-cutters in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I get my motorbike painted in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I know about home security in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What to know before custom repainting your motorbike in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What custom suit or dress tailors do we recommend in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I know about hiring plumbers in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What motorbike customisation shops are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I know about choosing house paint for my home in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I find a nail salon in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What transport providers do we recommend in Saigon and how much is the cost?
- 0 Where can I find notary services in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What house maintenance companies are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What domestic help / housekeeping agencies are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What car or motorbike repair shops are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What relocation services are available in Ho chi minh City?
- 0 What laundry service is available in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are translation services in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I know about hiring reliable electricians in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I know about hiring certified carpenters in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What printing services are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 1 How do I hire a chauffeur or private driver in Vietnam?
- 0 What wedding photography services are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What camera repair and maintenance centres are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I check when renting a motorbike in Ho Chi Minh City?