Asked: Sept. 19, 2019 by: citypassguide
Q: What domestic help / housekeeping agencies are in Ho Chi Minh City?
A lot of families in Saigon are in need of household help, especially expats who needs someone to do their housekeeping while they work to sustain their lives. For many people, living in Vietnam will be the first time they hire domestic staff. Choosing the right person can be an important decision. If you’re looking to hire a domestic helper, there are several ways to find them. There are a variety of ways to find staff, both formal and informal, and word of mouth is the most common. There are advantages and disadvantages to every method so as always, proceed with caution.
Where can I find maids in Ho Chi Minh City?
If you opt to use an agency, you will have to pay more than if you hire a maid privately, but you will also have the security of knowing that the staff has been vetted and that a replacement can easily be found at short notice. If you recruit directly, you need to do your own reference checks but may be able to negotiate a lower salary.
The Facebook group: Expat Domestic Help in Saigon is a great place to put up an ad or to ask questions about salaries and references. However, be aware that there are some scammers on the forum who have been known to show up for an “interview” and steal things in the person’s home. It is likely better to check references first and meet the person for the interview in a neutral space such as a cafe.
Upon hiring, whether it is through an agency or by word of mouth, be sure to obtain a photocopy of the prospective maid’s ID card, declare their employment with your ward’s police, and sign a labour contract – this will assuredly cut down on any potential worries.
What domestic help or housekeeping agencies are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
Price: from VND70,000/hour +VAT (3 hours minimum)
A social enterprise that empowers disadvantaged women with the potential to begin careers as domestic helpers (housekeepers and nannies). Staff members are well trained with standard operating procedures and speak basic English. Both part-time and full-time housekeepers and nannies who can go to all districts are available.
Maid in Saigon
+84 9 0424 7420
Price: VND1.75 million up to VND9.2 million per month (depending on part time or full time)
Maid in Saigon offers home care services, including cleaning, babysitting, and nursing services. Their staff are carefully trained in how to work for expatriates with high standards of cleanliness and safety. They also host training classes for their domestic workers as well as training classes to help improve the skills of your current staff.
Tiết Kiệm Thời Gian (TKT)
61 Ung Van Khiem, Binh Thanh District; +84 28 6683 0930
Targeted customers are businesses and families. They offer a complete range of cleaning services at reasonable prices for all districts.
Hotline: 1900 636 736
A tech driven company which offers a mobile platform, bTaskee is a leading company in the cleaning service sector in Vietnam. The platform allows both users and cleaners to directly book and confirm tasks via bTaskee application (Android or iOS). Users can also give feedback and check cleaner’s ratings on the app.
How much should I pay a maid or housekeeper in Ho Chi Minh City?
As the international work force develops, various types of maids appear. Some of them come from other ASEAN countries (such as the Philippines), some speak English, French and other European languages. Of course, the more educated and capable they are, the higher the expected salary. These maids often work for expatriates or high-income Vietnamese families.
The actual cost of a maid depends on what specific functions are required (i.e. housekeeping, child care, cooking, pet minding, office cleaning, etc.), in addition to language ability and experience. The average monthly cost for a “full-time maid” (working an 8-hour day with one hour for lunch, five days per week for a foreign family) would be around VND8M. Part-time maids are also available, but usually with a minimum time of three hours per day. Overtime runs at an average of VND80,000/hour on weekdays and VND100,000/hour on weekends and public holidays.
What should I clarify in the contract with my maid in Ho Chi Minh City?
There are many different kinds of domestic helpers in all corners of the world and the duties and responsibilities of each vary from household to household. Some maids offer care for children while others are strictly for cleaning and washing. The smartest thing to do is to specify the following.
››Monthly salary in VND
››Duties (be as specific as possible)
››Overtime rates of pay
For information about cleaning services, go to Maid Services in Ho Chi Minh City.
- 0 What taxi companies are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are the estimated prices for taxi in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where are the main bus depots or stations in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What if you want to call to other cities in Vietnam?
- 0 How do I get a home serviced massage in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are the advantages of renting a motorbike in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are the biggest phone providers in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where is the best place to exchange currency in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can you have your computer repaired in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What motorbike rental places are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What Vespa restoration services are in Ho chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I know about pest control in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I find a hairdresser in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I get a quick roadside motorbike fix in Saigon and how much will it cost me?
- 0 Where can you find key-cutters in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I get my motorbike painted in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I know about home security in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What to know before custom repainting your motorbike in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What custom suit or dress tailors do we recommend in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I know about hiring plumbers in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What motorbike customisation shops are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I know about choosing house paint for my home in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I find a nail salon in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What transport providers do we recommend in Saigon and how much is the cost?
- 0 Where can I find notary services in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What house maintenance companies are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What car or motorbike repair shops are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What relocation services are available in Ho chi minh City?
- 0 What laundry service is available in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are translation services in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I know about hiring reliable electricians in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I know about hiring certified carpenters in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What printing services are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 1 How do I hire a chauffeur or private driver in Vietnam?
- 0 How do I rent a car in Vietnam?
- 0 What wedding photography services are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What camera repair and maintenance centres are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I check when renting a motorbike in Ho Chi Minh City?