Asked: Nov. 14, 2019 by: citypassguide
Q: What should I consider before sharing a flat in Ho Chi Minh City?
Renting a flat for yourself is great for privacy, but some expatriates choose to move into shared flats to save a bit of money and maybe a bit of companionship, especially in a city like Saigon. It is a great way to meet new people and make connections. Most people in shared flats share costs and chores equally. However, if there is a master bedroom or a private bathroom, the person who takes these extra perks may be expected to pay a bit more.
What should you consider before sharing a flat in Ho Chi Minh City?
Make sure you can cohabit with your future flatmates. Have a chat with them to see if you have compatible interests. Also, their employment can be a major factor. If you are working a Monday-to-Friday job, you might not be a good fit in a house full of English teachers who generally work weekends and tend to go out mid-week. It is also prudent to talk about rules of the common areas, such as cleanliness, shared utensils, and space in the refrigerator. Be sure to know the rules on overnight guests, such as boyfriends, as well as rules on noise levels. Finally, use your common sense. If you like to have guests over daily, it may not be wise to share a flat with someone who is expecting quiet at all hours.
How can you find a shared flat rental in Ho Chi Minh City?
Most shared rentals are filled via word of mouth, social media and websites such as Craigslist Vietnam, Facebook and expat forums.
For information on living in Saigon go to Saigon: Not Yet a Tourism Hub
- 0 What should I know about real estate agents in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What should I consider when choosing a villa or an apartment in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What furniture can I expect in a Vietnamese rented home?
- 0 How can I find rentals in Ho Chi Minh city by myself?
- 0 How can I negotiate a better price for my rental in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are tips when signing a contract for a first time renter in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is a serviced apartment in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What do you need to know about making home improvements in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What real estate agents are in Ho Chi Minh City?