Asked: Sept. 26, 2019 by: citypassguide
Q: What are the most famous vegetarian dishes are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
Being vegetarian is easier when in Saigon because a lot of Vietnamese food are already vegetarian friendly with just a little adjustment. In addition to the food, the country is also rich in fruits that you can enjoy for snacks and as siding for your meals. There’s also Halal food available if you’re Muslim.
Vietnamese vegetarian food fare includes spring rolls (fresh and fried), tofu (prepared in an astonishing number of ways including deep fried with lemongrass and chilli), meatless phở (made with shiitake mushrooms and vegetable broth), all sorts of steamed, boiled and pickled vegetables, salads, fruits, and even mock meats (fish, chicken legs and duck) shaped and textured to imitate the real thing. These imitation meats can possibly serve as painless veggie introductions to your dubious meat-eating friends.
Are all vegetarian restaurants purely vegetarian in Saigon?
No, not all are strictly Vegetarian. It depends on the target market of the restaurant you are visiting. Keep in mind that unless you are tucking in at a strict vegetarian or vegan restaurant, dishes are likely to contain animal ingredients in the forms of fats, broths, sauces, or condiments. Your stir-fried morning glory and tofu may have been sizzled in a shallow wok of pork lard so it is important to ask the waiter or restaurant staff before ordering your meals. If you are serious about your vegetarian diet, stick to restaurants and street vendors who specialise in such types of cooking rather than relying on meatless menu requests at establishments catering mainly to meat eaters.
What vegetarian restaurants are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
61-63 Hai Ba Trung, D1; +84 28 3823 5818
Centrally located restaurant to entertain your vegan visiting friends.
2 Thi Sach, D1; +84 28 3823 8920
Outstanding vegetarian food with a unique Thai twist. Book in advance if you want to have a spot.
54 Ly Van Phuc, D1; +84 28 3820 0278
Dishes are made with locally grown organic food only.
Chay Thiện Duyên
505 Xa Lo Ha Noi, An Phu, D2; +84 28 6683 8999 / +84 927 896 869
That is one of the largest vegetarian only restaurants in the city. They have lunch and dinner buffet everyday with more than 50 vegetarian dishes.
Prem Bistro and Cafe
204 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ward 6, D3; +84 28 6279 9920
Hum Vegetarian, Café & Restaurant
32 Vo Van Tan, D3; +84 28 3930 3819
291/2 Vo Van Tan, D3; +84 28 3832 9206
Vegetarian Restaurant Sân Mây
771 Le Hong Phong, D10; +84 28 3507 1628
Loving Vegan Kitchen
450 Dien Bien Phu, D10; +84 28 6270 0177
For more information, click here.
For more information on growing organic food in Vietnam, click here.
For more info about one of the best vegetarian restaurants in HCMC, click here.
- 0 What are some of the local dining customs in Vietnam?
- 0 What should I know about Vietnamese food or diet?
- 0 What are locally-made snacks in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I get clean drinking water in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Do restaurants add MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) to their food in Ho chi Minh City?
- 0 How can I avoid food allergies when eating out in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What cafes are a good choice in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 How do I make clean ice cubes in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is the food hygiene standards like in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is chè?
- 0 What is the difference between phở of the South and phở of the North in Vietnam?
- 0 What is phở?
- 0 What can I expect from Vietnamese food?
- 0 What are some popular Vietnamese street food?
- 0 What is gỏi cuốn?
- 0 What phở restaurants are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is cơm tấm and where can I get it?
- 0 What is bún bò Huế?
- 0 What is hủ tiếu?
- 0 What bánh bao shops are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What is bánh xèo?
- 0 What is bia hơi?
- 0 What is bánh mì?
- 0 What cháo restaurants do we recommend?
- 0 What international restaurants are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What ice cream parlours are there in Ho chi Minh City?
- 0 What are some great bars in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What time do bars close in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What chocolate and sweet shops are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What gourmet shops, grocery stores and butchers are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What bakeries are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What supermarkets and hypermarkets are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What wine and spirits shops are there in Ho Chi Minh City?