Asked: Sept. 17, 2019 by: citypassguide
Q: Where can I find a dance class in Ho Chi Minh City?
Dancing is a great way to loosen up and get active at the same time. If you’re looking for dance classes in Vietnam, you can find dancing centres in Saigon that offers lessons on various dancing styles. Whether you’re dancing for sport, performances or competitions, or just for a fun time on a night out, there’s bound to be a dance style perfect for you. Here are some dance schools in HCMC for you to visit.
Where can you find a dance class in District 1?
HCMC Youth Culture House
4 Pham Ngoc Thach, D1; +84 28 3829 4345
Since the 1960s, this has been a great place for young people and students to meet up in central HCMC, and to practise modern and contemporary dance. A great launch pad for new ideas and projects, several youth groups and student unions also meet here. They have a wide variety of dancing shoes to choose from. Only Vietnamese is spoken.
Saigon Swing Cats
Different venues are used by the club:
- Classes Venues:
VND 1.6M per person or 3M per couple (1 lead + 1 follow) to be paid at your 1st class.
GS Dance Studio, 129 Dinh Tien Hoang, D1; +84 28 6274 7406
Pearl Style Spa Dinh Tien Hoang Studio, 2 Dinh Tien Hoang, D1; +84 90 311 54 02
- Weekend Venues:
Chanh Bistro Rooftop, Rooftop L3, 171 Calmette Street, D1; +84 7 6966 9063
La Habana, 152 Le Lai, Phạm Ngu Lao ward, D1; +84 28 3925 9838
Taking its inspiration from the Cotton Club era of 1930s Harlem, the club offers beginner and advanced classes in swing dancing, lindy hop, blues dancing, balboa and much more. They also have a cool “free retake policy” which means once you have signed up you can keep taking the classes until you drop.
Where can I find a dancing class in District 2?
+84 28 3519 4490
Membership: VND500,000/year; Cards: VND2.9M/four months
Full course registration: VND2.3M-6.43M/year
Boasting 600 students, Dancentre has a team of professional international teachers who speak Vietnamese, English and French. It provides a space for both beginners and professionals to learn, have fun and, above all, dance. Jazz, Hip Hop, Ballet, Afro Beat, Zumba, Tap and Contemporary Dance classes are all offered. Children can begin from the age of four. Dancentre cooperates with many international schools and some of them host dance studios that the teachers use. Nevertheless, students prefer to come to the main centre in D2 because of its facilities. An annual show is organised each year. The school is closed during the summer for children, but adult classes continue year-round.
For information on activities in Saigon go to What to Do
- 0 What is the ideal place for a date in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are some good online dating apps in Vietnam?
- 0 Where can I find peace and quiet in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Are there water parks in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I play chess in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What charities are in Vietnam?
- 0 Where can I play darts in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I find a book club meetup place in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What casinos are in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I find a choir group in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can you find a cooking class in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I find music lessons in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What spas are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I find an art class in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I play billiards in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I enjoy classical concerts in Ho Chi Minh city?
- 0 Where can I go bowling in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I find cultural theatre arts in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I play basketball in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 What are Vietnamese traditional theatre arts?
- 0 What cinemas are there in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I find children's activities in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I find a diving class in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I find a drama or theatre group in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I play paintball and laser tag in Ho chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can you sing karaoke in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 0 Where can I practice skateboarding in Ho Chi Minh City?