Tan Dinh Church, or in Vietnamese, Nha Tho Tan Dinh, was built by the French in the early 20th century. Set in the heart of HCMC's Tan Dinh fabric market, the church is easy to spot thanks to its bright pink color and Roman style architecture. Tan Dinh is the second largest church in Ho Chi Minh City after the Notre Dame Cathedral. The church is a block away from Le Van Tam Park and a short taxi ride from Vinh Nghiem Pagoda.
Tan Dinh Church opened its doors in HCMC in 1876. Near its gate it houses two bell towers replete with six bells. Thanks to a local wealthy family, the church received a donation of three Italian marble altars in 1929. In 1976, on its 100th anniversary, Tan Dinh Church underwent renovations. Today, the church has an active Saigonese congregation and its design makes for some wonderful photo ops.